TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - best thing they could have done
People Seeking Info

Subject best thing they could have done

Posted by vorpalZ on December 22, 2015 at 5:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 496 times.

In Reply To Merry Humbug from Nissan posted by Ted (92TT) on December 22, 2015 at 03:38 PM

Message It was a shit show of a race effort from the start.

Bowlby and Darren Cox were running a social media campaign, not a world class race development project.

No proper timelines for testing and tweaking the car. Missing the first two races of the season with a basically untested concept.

I kept a list of excuses that Darren Cox was spouting during Le Mans coverage:

1) The hybrid system was disconnected, so instead of 1200 bhp, they were running with just 500 bhp. The rest of the LMP1 field should watch out next year when they’re using all the ponies.

2) They were forced to use a narrower front tire than originally designed, and Michelin wasn’t able to develop a tire specific to the Nissan in time for LeMans. “Normal” LMP1 tires are designed for acceleration/braking OR turning, not both. Expect a boost in speed when they get their own tires.

3) As a result of the hybrid system being disconnected, the front brakes had to work harder than designed, thus why they were doing brake changes during the race. Normally the hybrid system would help slow the car down by harvesting energy into the flywheel.

Bullshit. They weren't ready or even on a development timeline. I feel bad for the employees who were let go in the manner they were, but based on the way the whole slipshod organization was run over the summer, I'm not surprised.

Hopefully they get a better team and make a real effort next time.

Le Mans was an awesome race this year, with the exception of Nissan:

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.